Ionic 2 - angular2-google-maps - UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY

Hi,

I am trying to follow the tutorial detailed in http://vpt-deeplearner.tech/2016/11/24/ionic-2-an-example-of-googlemap-using-sebm-angularjs-directory/.

The issue I am facing is actually at the very beginning when after creating a blank app using ionic2 : ionic start GoogleMap blank -v2

After my app got created - I tried to install using : npm install angular2-google-maps --save

But I got the following issue :

$ npm install angular2-google-maps --save
ionic-hello-world@ /Users/fmaupas/Desktop/ionic/GMapAuto
├── UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/common@2.2.1
├── UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/core@2.2.1
└── angular2-google-maps@0.17.0

npm WARN angular2-google-maps@0.17.0 requires a peer of @angular/common@^2.3.1 but none was installed.
npm WARN angular2-google-maps@0.17.0 requires a peer of @angular/core@^2.3.1 but none was installed.

Would someone know what is wrong ?

If it matters - I am using iOS …

Florian

See if you can use an older version of angular2-google-maps that is happy with angular 2.2, because that peer dependency is going to break production builds for now.

My issue was not link to those errors and warnings.

However I am confused about the consequences of having such warnings.

Could someone give me some light ?

Thanks in advance

Florian

You have attempted to install software that needs conflicting versions of certain packages. In this specific case, if you try to install angular 2.3, production builds will break. If you care about this, find a version of the other software (angular2-google-maps) that does not need angular 2.3.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation and the link !