Ion-select -> refresh options onClick (hierarchy/mutlilevel)

Hi, I read the ion-select-options via ngFor from an array. I would like to replace the options on the fly when I click on one of the inital options. In the onchange event I empty the corresponding array and replace it with the other options and that works. But when I click one of the options the ion-select closes as well. I want it to stay open. I tried all 3 interface options for that. That didn’t change anything.
I assume I have to override an animation function or something like that?

Has anyone ever done something like that?

Kind regards

Mm you could do something like this with the alert interface, as it forces users to confirm selection, though, this sounds like an odd UX. As if I open a select, and all of a sudden the contents change on me, I’d have no context of what’s happening. It might be simpler for the user to just have a multi-part form that is made up of multiple ion-select?

Maybe my description was not on point. Here is an example what I want to try to achieve: Angular and Ionic Listview Hierarchy Example | Mobiscroll
With arrows on the right end I think it is obvious to the user that this is a menu point with sub items. At least I have seen such an hierarchy view many times.
Did you have a similiar case in mind?

The content would not change all of the sudden. You open the select, see a list of options, you decide for an option and click on it, then all options will get replaced with the sub options of the item you clicked.

Realizing this with multiple ion-selects would be doable, but it would not be very pretty and more work for the user.

I could use the alert interface, but currently I am using the action-sheet interface, because it looks way better and behaves how I prefer it.

Ideally I can find a way with only 1 ion-select and the action-sheet interface. I will also try to get it done with the ion-selectable module and also an ion-list module.

No, this isn’t something we’d probably end up supporting.

Again it comes down to a UX thing. Even with the example you linked to, there aren’t many apps that actually have that out in the wild. Simpler form UI tend to be a better option.