Invalid signature for apk file - need help =)

Hey Goodfolks.
I am so close to have uploaded my application to google play. However, every time i try to upload my apk-file, it says:
“You have uploaded an APK-file with an invalid signature. (get more information about signatures) Error from apksigner: ERROR: JAR_SIG_NO_SIGNATURES: No JAR signatures”

I suspekt the reason to be my self-signed signature through the jarsigner command.
However, i have no idea how to fix is issue, and maybe get a signer’s certificate. I have really been torturing my self to find a solution, so if anyone could help me with some information, i would be beyond grateful =)
-Friendly regards

Updated. I made it work by setting the computer clock 2 days behind. Now it jsut says that :

" You need to use a different package name because “io.ionic.starter” already exists in Google Play."

Oh, actually it’s back to the same again. Don’t know why this is so tricky

Hello,
the first error say, that you have not signed your apk. Maybe it would help, if you show the steps how you build and sign your apk.
Second it seems that you have not changed the widget. id. that identifies your apk on store.

Best regards, anna-liebt

1 Like

Hello Anna. Thanks for your reply. I have changed the widget id, and to sign the apk, i am using the following steps:

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore HelloWorld-release-unsigned.apk alias_name
zipalign -v 4 HelloWorld-release-unsigned.apk HelloWorld.apk