Image Picker Causing sudden death crash in Android

I have been succesfully using the Cordova Camera Plugin but want to be able to select more than one image, so I have added the ImagePicker plugin.
As soon as I activate it the app crashes immediately (only using Android so far). I have a device connected to the PC and the debug connection is lost immediately.

I tried simplifying it and used the code from FreakyJolly’s blog to test it in another template app…
The blog I mentioned
This worked fine, but doesn’t have the myriad of other plugins, such as file and deeplinks that I am using in the main app.

I have set it up in the app.module.ts:

import { ImagePicker } from '@ionic-native/image-picker/ngx';
and
providers: [
    StatusBar,
    SplashScreen,
    Camera,
    ImagePicker,

I am using Ionic 4.7 with Angular 8. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can’t even debug it as it just dies instantly. Are there any interactions I should know about?
Thanks

1 Like

This isn’t going to be a whole lot of help, but I can tell you you’re not alone. I found that Image Picker plugin extremely buggy and pretend that it doesn’t exist.

Oh…:confused:, that’s a shame. I did see a few comments about crashes on iOS but nothing on Android so far on github. Surprising really as it’s a useful plugin and not a lot of other options is there?
Rgds

1 Like

All I can say is that I had pretty much your exact symptoms (my forum history on the topic) - app goes down hard as soon as plugin activated, and that was on Android. I finessed the multi-image part by implementing a gallery with <ion-slides> in the app itself, so that the native camera interaction was doable with the Camera plugin.

Thanks, a shame but I’ll work around it…

Hello, I am using Image picker plugin in ionic v-4.12 working perfect, I didn’t face any issue.

Well, I guess that’s the point isn’t it? As I said, I built a template app, put it in and it worked just fine. I even then went on to make sure all the versions of ionic/angular etc were the same. It still worked fine. But in my main app it doesn’t. What’s worse is it doesn’t fail gracefully to give any clue as to the cause.

1 Like

have you solve the error im facing that too