When i try building my app i’m getting this error:

cordova run android
Android Studio project detected
ANDROID_HOME=C:\sdk-tools-windows-4333796
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_161
studio
Subproject Path: CordovaLib
Subproject Path: app

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• Where:
    Build file ‘C:\�ola\actio\platforms\android\CordovaLib\build.gradle’ line: 40

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating project ‘:CordovaLib’.

Failed to apply plugin [id ‘com.android.library’]
Your project path contains non-ASCII characters. This will most likely cause the build to fail on Windows. Please move your project to a different directory. See Report and track bugs  |  Android Open Source Project for details. This warning can be disabled by adding the line ‘android.overridePathCheck=true’ to gradle.properties file in the project directory.

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1s
cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• Where:
    Build file ‘C:\�ola\actio\platforms\android\CordovaLib\build.gradle’ line: 40

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating project ‘:CordovaLib’.

Failed to apply plugin [id ‘com.android.library’]
Your project path contains non-ASCII characters. This will most likely cause the build to fail on Windows. Please move your project to a different directory. See Report and track bugs  |  Android Open Source Project for details. This warning can be disabled by adding the line ‘android.overridePathCheck=true’ to gradle.properties file in the project directory.

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1sERROR] An error occurred while running subprocess cordova.

cordova run android exited with exit code 1.

Re-running this command with the --verbose flag may provide more information.

Can someone please help me, i would appreciate it. I already checked all of the forums and nothing seemed to work for me…
Thanks

1 Like

This is probably a stupid question, but did you try moving the project to a path that contains only ASCII characters like the error message suggests?

I’m not sure how i missed the most important sentence… Thank you very much! Solved :wink: