How to temporarily speed up dev with RC0 in ionic serve (livereload)

I’m a very basic programmer trying to learn Ionic 2. I’ve done tests to learn using up to beta13 and I’m now ready to get started on the real app. I’m really only at the point of creating page layouts and http transactions to my server. No third party libraries, just basic pages and transactions.

I’m the type of user who likes to modify/test/modify/test which was great with earlier version of Ionic but with RC0, any changes I make in my code/html now takes about 1 minute to get reflected in ionic serve. I really miss seeing automatic changes in ionic serve as I modify my code.

What can I do to speed up the refresh rate as I make changes to my layout? Can I temporarily disable Rollup? Considering I’m only doing html/ts changes and don’t need AoT compiling while in dev mode, what do you recommend?

Try the new app-scripts 0.34 and above. Much MUCH faster. Unfortunately it stops watching after a bit but even restarting it with ionic serve again is way faster than it was before.

I just found this post from last night that recommends running this:
npm install @ionic/app-scripts@latest

Now changes get reflected after 3-4 seconds. Excellent! :slight_smile:

You can try using RC1 now.

ionic serve is compiling a lot faster, however, for me watch stops refreshing after about the 4th or 5th edit.

If you open a second terminal window and run:

npm run watch

the watch keeps running much longer. :slight_smile: