How to resolve "Property 'X' does not exist on type '{}'." in Ionic Angular app?

In my ionic app, I am trying to retrieve an existing record, change some values, & then update the record with those values.

Below is the code which I’m copying from a tutorial:

admin.firestore().collection('posts').doc(postId).get().then((data) => {

let likesCount = data.data()?.likesCount || 0;
        let likes = data.data()?.likes || [];
        let updateData = {};

if (action == 'like') {

updateData['likesCount'] = ++likesCount;
            updateData[`likes.${userId}`] = true;

} else {

updateData['likesCount'] = --likesCount;
            updateData[`likes.${userId}`] = false;

}

admin.firestore().collection('posts').doc(postId).update(updateData).then(() => {
            response.status(200).send('Done');
        }).catch((err) => {
            response.status(err.code).send(err.message);
        });
    }).catch((err) => {
        response.status(err.code).send(err.message);
    });

The issue I’m facing is that the below errors are appearing within the If & Else blocks when I try to assign the new values:

Element implicitly has an ‘any’ type because expression of type ‘“likesCount”’ can’t be used to index type ‘{}’.
Property ‘likesCount’ does not exist on type ‘{}’.

Element implicitly has an ‘any’ type because expression of type ‘string’ can’t be used to index type ‘{}’.
No index signature with a parameter of type ‘string’ was found on type ‘{}’.

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue?

FYI, there are more than these 2 fields within the data that I’m retrieving from firestore. So I want to keep those values in the firebase entry, & only update the 2 fields mentioned above.

Leaving aside the code quality concerns, this smells very unlike something that belongs in an Ionic app at all - it looks like something designed for a Node.js server. I would suggest forgetting all about it and instead concentrating on writing what is necessary yourself.