How to implement Google reCaptacha into Ionic

How can implement Google reCaptacha into Ionic. I tried following the instructions from Google:

Paste this snippet before the closing tag on your HTML template:

Paste this snippet at the end of the where you want the reCAPTCHA widget to appear:

The reCAPTCHA documentation site describes more details and advanced configurations.

This though did not work. Nothing is shown and their is no debug information. Has anyone implemented this feature into their app and could share a step by step instructions of how to do this? Thanks.

Not sure you would need to add reCaptacha though. Its purpose is to prevent bots from spamming sites. Not really needed in an app where people have to explicitly download the app

I agree with Mike, but if you really need it for some specific reason, the following link shows how to use Google reCaptcha with AngularJS:

~ Brad

Yes, to prevent spam bots. I am concerned if an attacker (I understand attack on my app would be unlikely, but I am using AWS which I would have to pay for any resources used by spam and can’t afford the risk) downloads my app and then takes say the .apk file and runs it locally on their system where they create bots to start registering and posting. Again I understand the risk level is low, but I can’t afford it if it happened.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I noticed it earlier but was unsure if it will work ionic.

I don’t see there being a problem integrating this with Ionic. I hope it helps. Let me know if it works out for you.

~ Brad

And how about the pairs keys/domain in reCaptcha admin panel? A Ionic app doesn’t has any domain…

1 Like