How to implement Fingerprint AIO on a Ionic+React+Capacitor project?

Hello everyone!
I’m trying to implement fingerprint authentication on a project created using Ionic with React and Capacitor.
I really don’t understand how I should install the plugin not having cordova.
I’ve read dozens of posts stating different ways, some say you have to install the cordova plugin with npm directly, some say you have to install ionic-native package, some say you have to install @awesome-cordoba package… i’ve tried all of those things but I haven’t been able to make Fingerprint Aio work as there’s always an error here or there.

Do you happen to know which is the correct way to use Fingerprint AIO plugin on a project with Ionic, React and Capacitor?

Thank you so much in advance!

The documentation is a bit hard to find for this.

ionic-native was renamed to awesome-cordova-plugins; there is a blog post containing the history.

So now the way to go is to start from the awesome-cordova-plugins and then work on fixing any errors you find with that approach.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! Indeed, the documentation is a bit messy and searching in the web is a lot messier.

Ok, so according to awesome-cordova docs, in React, I need to install the core library, then the awesome-cordova plugin and finally the original cordova plugin.
I’ll give a try, but at least now I have a firm path to follow.

Again, thank you so much!!.

Use GitHub - epicshaggy/capacitor-native-biometric instead.

1 Like

Oh wow, this is a nice alternative indeed!
I’ll definitely give it a try.

Thank you for pointing it out!
:smiley:

2 Likes

Hello, I have the problem you had some time ago now and the information about it is still a bit confusing, were you able to solve your problem…? If so, would you give me the information on how you did it, it would be very helpful. first of all, Thanks.