How to get notification in notification bar on device when it receives the notification as foreground

I am using the plugin with cordova-plugin-with-dependecy-updated.
But the notification is shown on notification bar when the app is in background or closed.
I wanna to get the notification in regardless the app is in foreground or background

Which plugin are you using?

cordova-plugin-fcm-with-dependecy-updated

Looking through the plugin docs,

It appears that foreground apps won’t show the notification bar as that is not how they things work.
It doesn’t appear that showing a notification bar in the foreground will be possible.

1 Like

It means that there is no way to get notification in notification bar on the device ?

When the app is in the foreground, there is no way to show a notification in the notification bar.
The plugin expects you to handle this by showing some sort of UI.

1 Like

you actually can get the notification data even if the app is in foreground. But it will not show a notification in your notification bar.
If you have subscribed to fcm.onNotification() function, catch the data in the else block below.

this.fcm.onNotification().subscribe((payload) => {

console.log('onNotification received event with: ', payload);

if (payload.wasTapped) {

console.log("Received in background -> ", JSON.stringify(payload));

} else {

console.log("Received in foreground -> ", JSON.stringify(payload));

}

});

If you still want to show a notification in the notification tray, use local notification plugin. (I have not tested that yet tho)

https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-local-notifications