How Do You Refresh A View When Navigating Back To IT

As the title says, how do you do this? I have tried $state.go(); and passed my relevant view in but that doesn’t work. When I navigate back to the view the url changes accordingly which I assume that the routing is working fine but the app doesn’t show the correct view, only when I refresh the page in the browser does the view appear 0 any ideas?

yeah … disable the cache view on that page

http://ionicframework.com/docs/api/directive/ionNavView/

section “Caching”

or trigger an event like

$state.go('app.home').then(function()  {
                        $rootScope.$broadcast('refreshHomeEvent');
                });

@coreelements I think disabling the cache-view is a bad idea for the performance of your application. An event with a refresh-view is more appropriate.

true …

just giving him the options :slight_smile:

Thanks guys but I have tried that on the route and the html like the examples in the links @coreelements posted but those don’t work, am I missing something here?

you do have an event listener on the target page?

show some code :slight_smile:

no I don’t - ok here’s my code

.state('home', {
url: '/homePage',
cache: false,
views: {
  'homePageContent': {
    templateUrl: 'homePage.html',
    controller: 'homePageCtrl'
  }
}

})

<div class="has-header">
	<ion-nav-view name="homePageContent" cache-view="false" class="has-header"></ion-nav-view>
	<ion-nav-view name="addExpenseContent" class="has-header"></ion-nav-view>
	<ion-nav-view name="addIncomeContent" class="has-header"></ion-nav-view>
	<ion-nav-view name="editExpenseContent" class="has-header"></ion-nav-view>
</div>

you’ll notice me trying the cach-view=“false” both in the routing and the html but it doesn’t work, I will have to use your event listener method if that works, I did create a function on the main controller that takes a view as an argument here’s the code for that method

$scope.goToView = function(view){
	console.log($state);
	$state.go(view);
}