I have a ionic3 app that contain a lot of images for display, and I discover a huge data usage problem. So I had search a solution for reduce the data usage.
I have find this plugin https://www.npmjs.com/package/ionic-image-loader, but not working in iOS, and many peoples said it is because WKwebview & CORS.
Any suggestion for this, thanks a lot.
I am using img tag and each image is a URL and render the image in the app, how the service worker help to reduce the data consumption of data plan of mobile?
ngsw-config.json
Now we’re ready to create our service worker configuration file:
...
"urls": [
"https://fonts.googleapis.com/**"
]
...
Use a Service Worker: https://robferguson.org/blog/2018/04/16/0ptimising-the-performance-of-an-ionic-pwa-part-1/
This is the part where I’m bit confused. Can I fully utilize a service worker inside Cordova built “native” app on iOS? … as regarding to the original request from @Nulra
No, but then again @Nulra didn’t mention ‘Cordova’ or ‘Hybrid Mobile App’ in his post.
sorry, I am doing a hybrid mobile app.
Then your best bet at this point is: Cache Image for Offline Use
So the loop is closed. The link @robinyo provided points out the npm package that presumably doesn’t work in iOS which was the very root of this thread 