Grunt ionic-angular seed for Cordova

Hi! I found some disadvantages in ionic starter project (it is my personal opinion). They are:

1. A lot of JS files are included in www/js and www/js/lib folder. There are both minified and full file versions but index.html includes not minified files only.
  2. Compass to css compilation missing.
  3. I prefer local build, so I don’t need res folder in my www (as result, a lot of garbage in www folder).

So I wrote my own one Grunt-based Ionic-Angular seed giac-seed (Xmas edition ;))

May be I reinvent the wheel. But I belive it will be usefull for somebody

3 Likes

Awesome initiative! Would be great if the Ionic guys showed some more Grunt love in their seed project. Let’s use the tools everyone uses :smile:

Besides using grunt, a full on generator for yeoman would be great too. Select which platforms you want, compile all your Javascript, build for all platforms in one command. I like the ionic/cordova cli but I like the testing abilities and compiling that is done in yeoman.

1 Like

You sir, just hit the nail on it’s head. That would be even more awesome.

There already is a similar initiative out there but it could use some polishing:
https://github.com/MNCC/yeoman-ionic-angular-phonegap-seed

1 Like

Well what do you know…

This is great, but it is under development still. Perhaps some community members could reach out and give a hand. This looks very promising.

1 Like

I guess that will be nice if we forke the last two Git at one only, because the MNCC has a lot of features, expanding Ionic generator…

Or let’s define some requirements and start, with the forum community here, a new project inspired by these two projects?