Global 'toggle' variables

Hello!

I have a bit of a problem on my app. Basically I want to implement a global variable that is toggled between true and false when a button in the navbar is clicked. Not only this, but I want the navbar colour to change depending on whether the variable is true or false (and to stay that way when switching views).

I am using the seed project and have created a service to get and set the variable:

.factory('ToggleService', function() {
var toggle = false;

return {
	get: function() {
		return toggle;
	},
	switch: function() {
		if(toggle == true) {
			toggle = false;
		} else {
			toggle = true;
		}
	}
}
});

I am completely not sure if this is the best way to go about it, but I was hoping someone could help me out with the best way to do this type of thing in ionic / angularjs, as well as how to make the ion-nav-bar change css depending on this toggle as it’s in the index.html file.

Many thanks for your help,
Ady

Generally speaking, storing global variables across the app in Services as you’ve done is “best practice”.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mechanism for changing a header color. The header color is determined when you create it with type="bar-positive". Ionic does not listen for any change events on the bar type.

So, you’ll need to implement that yourself. Maybe use

ng-class={ 'yellow : $scope.toggle === true , 'green' : $scope.toggle === false }

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately the code you provided didn’t work.

<body ng-app="app" animation="slide-left-right-ios7">
	<ion-nav-bar type="bar bar-app" ng-class="{ 'class1' : $scope.toggle === true , 'class2' : $scope.toggle === false }"></ion-nav-bar>
	<ion-nav-view name="content"></ion-nav-view>
</body>

This is in the main index.html file. I get the feeling that it can’t access the $scope.toggle variable that’s in the controller (when it’s put through the view):

$scope.toggle = ToggleService.get();

$scope.leftButtons = [{ 
	type: 'button-clear',
	content: '<i class="icon ion-eye"></i>',
	tap: function(e) {
		ToggleService.switch();
		$scope.toggle = ToggleService.get();
	}
}]

Am I right in thinking this? Do you know of a way to get it to work?
As I said before, many thanks, I really do appreciate this support.