Get value of $model property on click

Hi,

I’m testing ionicframework and I have some doubts. I’ve never used angular, but i’m trying to do my best :wink:

My code is from the tabs example app, I’ve updated tab-dash.html to this:

<ion-view title="Dashboard">
  <ion-content class="padding">
    <h1>Dash</h1>
    <p>{{prueba}}</p>
    <input type="text" ng-model="prueba">
    <a ng-click="click()">prueba</a>
  </ion-content>
</ion-view>

And in my controllers.js

.controller('DashCtrl', function($scope) {
    $scope.prueba = 'un valor';

$scope.click = function(){
        console.log($scope.prueba);
    }
})

I just want to log what I have changed in the input. When I try to access to $scope.prueba, it alwais have the same value.

I know this is a super newbie question, but I really need help with this.

Thank you very much in advance.

http://plnkr.co/edit/K1P9At?p=preview Should solve it for you.

Was fun chatting on irc. Ask more questions if you have an issue.

Best of luck!

@chux, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12618342/ng-model-does-not-update-controller-value will probably solve all your problems, especially the second problem.
The question in SO is exactly as you posted here

Hi,

Thank you very much to both of you!!! I’ve got it working now.

I still don’t get why if I change the value, only if I use object.something is working.

The stack overflow link was clarifying, if I want two way data binding I should use $scope.object.var.

@ioudas it was fun for me too :wink: thanks for your time. You guys are awesome.

Anytime chux. I am a little confused by this comment as the main plunk i showed you used a localized scope variable without any dot notation and it works.

@ioudas I’m still too confused :wink: I’ve purchased “mastering web application development with angular js” from packtpub and, in page 19 (regarding to two-way data binding):

“Avoid direct bindings to scope’s properties. Two-way data binding to object’s properties (exposed on a scope) is a preferred approach.
As a rule of thumb, you should have a dot in an expression provided to the ng-model directive (for example, ng-model=“thing.name”).”

As I’m very new to angular, I will do that that way until I’m more confident. Thanks!

That would be a good recommendation. For sure. Its not the end of the world either way. IMHO.