GeoLocation returns "Location Unavailable" for Android 11

I have an application Ionic Capacitor Angular that is simply getting the GeoLocation and displaying the lat lng on screen

async ngOnInit(){
    await Geolocation.getCurrentPosition({
      enableHighAccuracy: true
    }).then((resp) => {
      this.latitude = resp.coords.latitude;
      this.longitude = resp.coords.longitude;

this.options = {
        center: { lat: this.latitude, lng: this.longitude},
        zoom: 17
      };  
    }).catch((error) => {
      console.log('Error getting location', error);
    });      
  }

This runs perfectly fine in the browser with Ionic Serve. I have also successfully launched it on a device(Samsung S9) which is Android V9 (knox api level 27). However when I run it on a (Samsung S21 Ultra) which is Android V11 (knox api level 33)

I have the following within the AndroidManfiest.xml of the app

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION" />
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.gps" />

I see this in the documentation

Caution: If your app targets Android 11 (API level 30) or higher, the system enforces this best practice [ *asking for foreground and background access in separate requests* ]. If you request a foreground location permission and the background location permission at the same time, the system ignores the request and doesn’t grant your app either permission

I have not been able to find a resolution to this issue. Can someone please help provide some insight. Again this is actual hardware and not an emulator.

It has been reported bug: Geolocation on Android always returning 'location unavailable' · Issue #4962 · ionic-team/capacitor · GitHub
But thanks for your tip about the permissions, could be related.