Form input focus on enter?

I’m sure I’m just doing something obviously wrong here, but… I’d like my forms to auto-focus the next input when the enter key is pressed on a device. I’ve noticed that, at least on Android, most mobile app forms show an “>” in place of the checkmark-submit button in the lower right of the keyboard when any input but the final input in the sequence is focused. And on the final input, that button becomes a form submit button.

In my Ionic app though, the fields just retain focus after that button (showing “->” instead of a checkmark or a “>”) is clicked. If I wrap the form fields in a proper form tag (most examples I’ve seen do not do this) each input will trigger a submit on enter. What’s the right way to do this?

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

Hi, I know this thread is a bit old, but I’d still be very interested in having some information about this issue, and I have not been able to find any on the internet.

I am in the same situation as zapnap : I have the input elements placed inside a form element, and whenever I edit a field and hit “>”, the submit input element is triggered, whereas I’d want the next input to get the focus.

To me, having the forms behave correctly would increase the user experience a lot !

Thank you

1 Like