Error on Serve

After updating to ionic 3, and inserting a new src file, I now get this error on running ionic serve

{ Error: A watch configured to watch the following paths failed to start. It likely that a file referenced does not exist: /var/lndFinal/src/assets/**/*, /var/lndFinal/src/index.html, /var/lndFinal/src/manifest.json, /var/lndFinal/src/service-worker.js, /var/lndFinal/node_modules/ionicons/dist/fonts/**/*, /var/lndFinal/node_modules/ionic-angular/fonts/**/*, /var/lndFinal/node_modules/ionic-angular/polyfills/polyfills.js, /var/lndFinal/node_modules/sw-toolbox/sw-toolbox.js
    at new BuildError (/var/lndFinal/node_modules/@ionic/app-scripts/dist/util/errors.js:16:28)
    at Timeout._onTimeout (/var/lndFinal/node_modules/@ionic/app-scripts/dist/watch.js:71:20)
    at ontimeout (timers.js:471:11)
    at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:306:5)
    at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:266:5) hasBeenLogged: false, isFatal: false }

I have seen similar posts that say to move the manifest.json file and serviceworker.js outside of the asset file, but I do not have those files in my asset folder (which was built in the GUI ionic creator)

while it may not solve your problem, my experience with moving folders and files while ionic serve is running is problematic as it creates quite strange error message. Solution is to stop and start again so ionic serve can recreate its internal model on the files needing to be watched