Error in installing Instagram plugin

Hi,

I am facing an issue when installing Instagram plugin. here is the error that comes when executing
ionic cordova plugin add cordova-instagram-plugin

Error log:
Failed to install ‘cordova-instagram-plugin’: CordovaError: Failed to fetch plugin https://github.com/Visigo/CordovaClipboard.git via registry.
Probably this is either a connection problem, or plugin spec is incorrect.
Check your connection and plugin name/version/URL.
Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
npm ERR! git submodule -q update --init --recursive: fatal: ‘submodule’ appears to be a git command, but we were not
npm ERR! git submodule -q update --init --recursive: able to execute it. Maybe git-submodule is broken?
npm ERR! git submodule -q update --init --recursive:
npm ERR! Windows_NT 10.0.16299
npm ERR! argv “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe” “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js” “install” “https://github.com/Visigo/CordovaClipboard.git” “–production” "–save"
npm ERR! node v6.10.2
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code 128

npm ERR! Command failed: git -c core.longpaths=true submodule -q update --init --recursive
npm ERR! fatal: ‘submodule’ appears to be a git command, but we were not
npm ERR! able to execute it. Maybe git-submodule is broken?
npm ERR!
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR! https://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! D:\projects\hdarwish\trunk\qevents\npm-debug.log
at C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-lib\src\plugman\fetch.js:215:37
at _rejected (C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-fetch\node_modules\q\q.js:864:24)
at C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-fetch\node_modules\q\q.js:890:30
at Promise.when (C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-fetch\node_modules\q\q.js:1142:31)
at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-fetch\node_modules\q\q.js:808:41)
at C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-fetch\node_modules\q\q.js:624:44
at runSingle (C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-fetch\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)
at flush (C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-fetch\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)
Error: Failed to fetch plugin https://github.com/Visigo/CordovaClipboard.git via registry.
Probably this is either a connection problem, or plugin spec is incorrect.
Check your connection and plugin name/version/URL.
Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
npm ERR! git submodule -q update --init --recursive: fatal: ‘submodule’ appears to be a git command, but we were not
npm ERR! git submodule -q update --init --recursive: able to execute it. Maybe git-submodule is broken?
npm ERR! git submodule -q update --init --recursive:
npm ERR! Windows_NT 10.0.16299
npm ERR! argv “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe” “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js” “install” “https://github.com/Visigo/CordovaClipboard.git” “–production” "–save"
npm ERR! node v6.10.2
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code 128

npm ERR! Command failed: git -c core.longpaths=true submodule -q update --init --recursive
npm ERR! fatal: ‘submodule’ appears to be a git command, but we were not
npm ERR! able to execute it. Maybe git-submodule is broken?
npm ERR!
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR! https://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! D:\projects\hdarwish\trunk\qevents\npm-debug.log
[ERROR] An error occurred while running cordova plugin add cordova-instagram-plugin --save (exit code 1).

Could you help me on solving this issue please

You could try the --nofetch flag

So remove it first if it is partially installed with:
ionic cordova plugin remove cordova-instagram-plugin
and then try to reinstall it:
ionic cordova plugin add cordova-instagram-plugin --nofetch

i tried that and still the same error is coming

Are you working in an environment where you need to set a proxy?

no i dont. I am using my home network

For me it is working. You could try to update your node.js to 8.9.4 LTS. Maybe your node/npm is too old, because you get a npm error.

You are using node v6.10.2 and npm v3.10.10

i updated both npm and git and it is still showing the same error. I must add that i already used this plugin few days back for an ionic 1 but with this command
cordova plugin add cordova-instagram-plugin
without ionic in the beginning and it was working fine

Can you send the output of ionic info?

cli packages: (C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.19.1
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.19.1

global packages:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 7.1.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.6
Cordova Platforms  : none
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2

System:

Node : v6.10.2
npm  : 5.6.0
OS   : Windows 10

Environment Variables:

ANDROID_HOME : not set

Misc:

backend : legacy

For what platform do you want to build your app? For the browser? Because you have no local platforms installed.

I don’t know what the problem is. You could update nodejs and cordova, but I don’t know, if that solves the problem.

You could also try to install another plugin to check, if it only occurs with this plugin

i am building for android and already installed as platform. I dont know why it is not reporting it as an installed platform.
I installed many plugins before and all of them work.
Also, I tried different ISP to make sure it is not an ISP problem and it didnt work