Error creating new project

I’m trying to create a new project using the ionic start command and I get the following error:

Update config.xml
Initializing cordova project.
Fetching plugin "org.apache.cordova.device" via plugin registry
Fetching plugin "org.apache.cordova.console" via plugin registry
Fetching plugin "https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-plugins-keyboard" via git clo
ne
Error: Command failed: fatal: could not create work tree dir 'C:\Users\jwargo\Ap
pData\Local\Temp\plugman\git\1407462665492'.: No such file or directory

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:637:15)
at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
at maybeClose (child_process.js:743:16)
at Socket.<anonymous> (child_process.js:956:11)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
at Pipe.close (net.js:465:12)
Unable to add plugins. Perhaps your version of Cordova is too old. Try updating
(npm install -g cordova), removing this project folder, and trying again.

I’ve made sure I have the latest cordova and ionic, although the error indicates it’s a plugman error, not cordova. I’ve also updated to the latest plugman as well. Suggestions?

Make sure you have all the dependencies installed at first (latest version).

node, npm etc

Then try to install cordova and ionic as a fresh new project with a different name.

And also I see that you are a windows user, have a look at this video if it helps. http://learn.ionicframework.com/videos/windows-android/

All of the dependencies are installed. I use use the Cordova CLI all the time. It’s a fully functional Cordova development environment - with all the tools I need to create, code, test and deploy Cordova applications.

I simply followed the instructions and it doesn’t work. So, what do I do to fix this?

I dont know :frowning:
May be someone from the core team can help you out.
Anyways good luck.

Hey there, so this is common issue on Windows with cordova. Check out this thread where a solution was found.

This is not a common problem with Cordova on Windows. I’ve been using Cordova on this particular computer for three years and have never encountered this particular problem until I tried to use Ionic.

Yes, from the thread there’s clearly a solution - manually create the folder structure that the CLI is looking for, but I’ve never seen any plugin that requires this. There’s something weird about the plugin or something weird about where your plugins are stored because this is not how it’s supposed to work.

The CLI can add the Cordova device and console plugins, so it’s clearly not having an issue installing plugins in a Windows environment. This clearly looks like something Ionic has to fix as it’s not happening with any other plugin I’ve ever used.