Error: Could not find gradle wrapper within android sdk. Might need to update yo ur Android SDK

Thanks @DaCookie, your suggestion worked for me as well.
I ran into this issue after I updated some packages.

@DaCookie Thanks for resolving but I still don’t get this happenings.
Recently I got 2 macs and I set it up twice in a row in this week,
and at the first time, this was worked fine with just install the Android Studio,
and I needed this kind of solution for the next time.

I don’t get this how SDK management system just got changed on the same machine and mechanism at the almost same moment -_-

just bad timming?

yeah i think @DaCookie solving is the best…
i was install android studio etc…but still doesnt work.
and then
Error: Could not find gradle wrapper within Android SDK. Might need to update your Android SDK.
Looked here: /Users/melodycguitarista/Library/Android/sdk/tools/templates/gradle/wrapper

some link give solution to download tools_r25.2.5-macosx.zip
i copy and replaced all in folder
/Users/melodycguitarista/Library/Android/sdk/tools/templates/gradle/wrapper
and try running again ionic build android
for some while BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 8 mins 9.394 secs

Built the following apk(s):
/Users/melodycguitarista/DEsktop/icymobile/platforms/android/build/outputs/apk/android-debug.apk

4 Likes

Thanks! Worked for me!!

thanks DaCookie, its worked fo me.

Got it working thanks to @DaCookie advice…
Weird behaviour though

Works for me, awsome

thx u !!! share this link for others user http://mirrors.neusoft.edu.cn/android/repository/

1 Like

Thanks @dacookie! Quick fix for me as well.

Good catch, worked for me. Found that you need to be careful with where the gradle wrapper is located when using multiple disks (i.e. SSD and HDD on the same laptop!). Seems to be a bit easier when everything is installed on the same disk.

Android SDK tools have been updated to 25.3 and it doesn’t have template folder anymore. Do not update SDK tools to 25.3.X.

3 Likes

There soon will be a new version of cordova-android that will fix these problems. For now you can use the old tools or use the still-in-development version of cordova-android: http://stackoverflow.com/a/42797817/252627

2 Likes

Thanks, fixed “gradle wrapper” issue, but ionic emulate dont work anyway, it seems that ionic needs older sdk where android was CLI, now typing android to CL tells me that it is deprecated. So ionic emulate command die with error.

I use ionic run android and if there is no device connected, emulator starts automatically. I have installed latest android platform and build tools but SDK tools still in version 25.2.3.

Thanks @trisna1192… Ur solution really worked for me.
Just a small update, For mac users, paste the extracted file in ~/Library/Android/sdk folder.

Thank you very much. I tried it before and it didn’t work. Today I formatted my Mac and reinstalled everything, did that and it’s not show that error any longer, just others haha.

Thanks @DaCookie. its working now.

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Great! Thanks so much, it worked like a charm!

Followed @daCookie’s advice. Fixed my problem. Download the file, move the templates/ directory into your sdk/tools/, and I was able to build.

Thanks