Error: Could not find com.android.support:support-core-ui:26.1.0

I have a project with this error, I don’ know how to solve it. Thank you in advance

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 8.571 secs
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring root project ‘android’.

Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ‘:_debugApkCopy’.
Could not find com.android.support:support-core-ui:26.1.0.
Searched in the following locations:
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-core-ui/26.1.0/support-core-ui-26.1.0.pom
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-core-ui/26.1.0/support-core-ui-26.1.0.jar
file:/D:/project/ionic/Il Libro della Verita/platforms/android/sdk-manager/com/android/support/support-core-ui/26.1.0/support-core-ui-26.1.0.jar
Required by:
project : > com.android.support:support-v4:26.1.0
Could not find com.android.support:support-fragment:26.1.0.
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-fragment/26.1.0/support-fragment-26.1.0.pom
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-fragment/26.1.0/support-fragment-26.1.0.jar
file:/D:/project/ionic/Il Libro della Verita/platforms/android/sdk-manager/com/android/support/support-fragment/26.1.0/support-fragment-26.1.0.jar
Required by:
project : > com.android.support:support-v4:26.1.0
Could not find com.android.support:support-annotations:26.1.0.
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-annotations/26.1.0/support-annotations-26.1.0.pom
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-annotations/26.1.0/support-annotations-26.1.0.jar
file:/D:/project/ionic/Il Libro della Verita/platforms/android/sdk-manager/com/android/support/support-annotations/26.1.0/support-annotations-26.1.0.jar
Required by:
project : > com.android.support:support-v4:26.1.0 > com.android.support:support-compat:26.1.0
project : > com.android.support:support-v4:26.1.0 > com.android.support:support-media-compat:26.1.0
project : > com.android.support:support-v4:26.1.0 > com.android.support:support-core-utils:26.1.0
Could not find android.arch.lifecycle:common:1.0.0.
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/android/arch/lifecycle/common/1.0.0/common-1.0.0.pom
file:/C:/Users/asus/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/android/arch/lifecycle/common/1.0.0/common-1.0.0.jar
file:/D:/project/ionic/Il Libro della Verita/platforms/android/sdk-manager/android/arch/lifecycle/common/1.0.0/common-1.0.0.jar
Required by:
project : > com.android.support:support-v4:26.1.0 > com.android.support:support-compat:26.1.0 > android.arch.lifecycle:runtime:1.0.0

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same problem. :frowning:

Did you try to reinstall Android Studio? I didn’t.

i tried that it didn’t work for me… :frowning:

Okay, i’ve got a solution I don’t know what will be affected but still it works fine for me…
What i did was :
First I checked the dependency versions i’ve got installed …
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\extras\android\m2repository\com\android\support\support-core-ui

and based on that information the next step was to edit this file:
ProjectFOLDER : \platforms\android\project.properties

I’ve modified these lines into corresponding version i’ve got available. I event tried removing the cordova.system.library.1=com.android.support:support-v4:26.+ line and it worked fine for me.

cordova.system.library.1=com.android.support:support-v4:26.+
cordova.system.library.2=com.android.support:appcompat-v7:26.+

I’ve changed only the v4:26.+ into v4:25.+ and it worked well for me.

I’ve noticed that there are some dependency changes done probably from google I’m not sure and somehow it got updated or something. If someone has better explanation feel free to share that with us.

Thanks.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Thank you very much, it works! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad I’ve helped.

Cheers.

I try that and it’s work for me only go to
ProjectFOLDER : \platforms\android\project.properties
and change target=android-28 to target=android-26

you save my day. thank you soo much.