Device not found and plugin _not_installed error while using @ionic-native/serial plugin in Ionic 3

am using Ionic 3 (Angular) and I want to achieve serial communication with my android device and computer. For that, I am using @ionic-native/serial and cordovarduino. I followed the step which is mentioned in there documentation and github page. I am getting an error like “device not found” and “plugin_not_installed” in the console while it is not throwing any error in the terminal.

I am using OTG wire and two port USB port wire for mobile and computer connection. Here is the list of questions which I need help for.

1. Why am I facing device not found and plugin_not_installed error though I have installed plugin and dependencies?

2. Why am I not able to establish a serial connection between the computer and an android device. Is it mandatory to use serial adapter wire for connectivity?

3. Please help me with steps and approaches we can use. Somewhere I might be wrong.

Expectation: To achieve serial connectivity between computer and android device.

Code:

abc() {
    /* serial connect */
    this.serial.requestPermission({
      vid: '0bb4',
      pid: '0005',
      driver: 'CdcAcmSerialDriver' // or any other
    }).then((data) => {
      console.log(data);
    }).catch((error) => {
      console.log(error);      // error --> device not found / sometimes error --> plugin_not_installed
    })
  }

ngOnInit() {
    this.abc();
  }

Ionic Info:

Ionic:

Ionic CLI          : 5.4.5
   Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.3.0
   @ionic/app-scripts : 3.2.4

Cordova:

Cordova CLI       : 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1)
   Cordova Platforms : android 6.3.0
   Cordova Plugins   : no whitelisted plugins (24 plugins total)

Utility:

cordova-res : not installed
   native-run  : 0.2.9

System:

NodeJS : v8.16.2
   npm    : 6.4.1

The app is working fine but the only issue is I am not able to established serial connection. Please help. Thank You

hi @atitmore you slove this… i am new to ionic, start to work with USB(serial port) devices to get data from any connected devices and facing same issuse “NO device found!”. give any suggestions or else. thank you

do you have the answer?