DateTime - default to todays date

date-fns/add_days.

1 Like

@rapropos this date-fns not working on my side after installing “npm install date-fns --save”.

I am using typescript in ionic 2.

Do you know why it is not adopting this library ?

No, because it works for me, so you would have to share your code for anybody to be able to say anything constructive.

@rapropos

in .ts file i am getting date like this
myDate: String = new Date().toISOString();

and in .html file
" ion-datetime displayFormat=“YYYY/MM/DD” pickerFormat=“YYYY MMMM DDDD” min=“2017” [(ngModel)]=“myDate” name=“booking_date”></ion-datetime "

I am not seeing anywhere in what you posted where you call anything from date-fns.

@rapropos
i found out the solution

new Date(new Date().getTime()+(32460601000)).toISOString();
in this I am adding 3 days in the actual date

OK, whatever. The entire point of libraries like date-fns is to eliminate the need for such ugliness as (3*24*60*60*1000), but if you’re not sufficiently motivated to get it to work and are happy with that, it’s not my business.

1 Like

new Date().toISOString() is returning wrong time. It does not calculate the timezone I suppose.
Any idea how to fix this.
I am trying on simulator and time in simulator is 11:40 AM but Date object returns 9:40 AM

Javascript time library does not manage time correctly.
I recommend using moment.js.
go to you folder application, run : npm install moment --save
in your page.ts add: import * as moment from ‘moment’;
declare your variable: myDate= moment().format();

Now just use ion-datetime like this:

<ion-datetime type="datetime-local" displayFormat="MMM, YYYY" max="2099-12-31" [(ngModel)]="myDate"  ></ion-datetime>

I hope this helps.

8 Likes

This answer is spot on

Hello, your solution helped me. Would you like to know if you can put this result inside an object? Has an obejto receiving date:

Test = {data: ‘’, value: ‘’};

I tried to put

Test = {data: moment (). Format (), value: ‘’};

but it does not work

I used to use moment, but now I prefer date-fns. It’s much lighter weight, works with ISO 8601 strings or Date objects, needs no dedicated special object type like moment does, and is much more amenable to dead code elimination.

1 Like

thanks for the tippy @rapropos.

it’s format not Format
try this: Test = {data: moment().format(), value: "‘’};

Does not really work for me, I’m trying now with date-fns

@Claumir Did you add ? import * as moment from ‘moment’;
This is really weird I just tested it in Ionic 2.3.0 ant it works fine
Test = {data: moment ().format(), value: " ‘’};

Yes I did, even showed me the methods. Now I’m getting to use it, but for some reason it does not take the date to the ion-datetime through ngModel

test = {data: moment ().format(), value: ''};

<ion-datetime displayFormat="DD/MM/YYYY" [(ngModel)]="test.data" name="data"></ion-datetime>

Thanks, works great!

works perfectly the date-fns even inside the *ngfor that i was fighting against heheh … thanks bro

May I ask the advocates of Date FNS to give a simple example of using it in HTML and TS just like its explained for Moment above. I think, its annoying to some extent to not to give real answer on date fns and expecting to be used…