Create specific version of @ionic/angular using CLI

Hi guys, I am new here. I have installed ionic@4.4.0, is it possible to create an ionic app thru CLI, that will generate template using @ionic/angular@4.0.0? or I need to manually update modify the package.json?

Just do ionic start at the cli and all is set

No meddling in package.json directly needed. Almost never

Enjoy

Ps and dont forget to drop by at angular.io to learn basics of angular (if relevant)

This time when I do ionic start myApp blank the @ionic/angular version in the template is automatically set to version 4.7.1.

Should I uninstall the ionic@4.4.0 and install ionic@4.0.0 to achieve a blank template with @ionic/angular@4.0.0?

Can you explain why you want to pin to such a specific framework version, especially when it means deliberately forgoing so many bug fixes and performance improvements?

Hi rapropos,
in my case, ionic 6 does not run in safari below 13. For some app compatibilities, I need version 5. It is possible to start a new project with specifc version?

Thanks

The problem is not Ionic 6, it’s Angular 15.

It’s not possible to create Angular 14 apps anymore, bu you can undo this changes in your app

Thanks for your reply julio. A think the problem is ionic 6. Tried downgrade angular with no success. When I try to run with safari 12, this error occur: “styles.flat is not a function”