Create cron to execute an action

I need to perform an action while the device is locked. I have taken the setInvertal function and works well, but at some point, take a few minutes, this function stops running without reason, do not throw any error in the browser nor in GapDebug.

var myInterval = setInterval(function(){update()}, 10000);

Within this function, I make a post to a webservice, checking log into the server, at some point, stop called but somewhere between 2-5 minutes cron, hence runs perfect for front stop calling .

1 Like

Try uesing the $interval module. maybe this helps…

The problem persists @BioPhoton

what exactly happens when the interval stops? does the phone goes into standby?

could you post your code please?

@BioPhoton What happens: The device is locked, the action is executed normally for about 2-5 minutes. Then stops working.

var notificacion = $interval(function(){
    $scope.notificaciones();
 },1000);

$scope.notificaciones = function(){
if(navigator.onLine){
  lista_corredores = misCorredoresService.getCorredores();
  for (var i = 0; i < lista_corredores.length; i++) {
      pid = lista_corredores[i].pid;
      $http({method: 'GET', url: URL_ESTADISTICAS+lista_corredores[i].pid+'/splits?pidversion=1&igt='+lista_corredores[i].pid+'&appid='+appId+'&token='+tokenApp})
      .success(function(data){
          if(data.error){
            if(data.error.type=="no_results" && data.error.msg=="No splits found"){

}
          }
          list_2 = data.list;
          pasa = true;
          lista = data.list;
          lista_anterior = sessionService.get('tiempos_corredor'+lista[0].pid);
          ultimo = lista.length;
          if(lista_anterior!=null){
            ultimo_anterior = lista_anterior.length;
            if(lista_anterior == lista[ultimo-1].time){
               pasa = false;
            }else{
              pasa = true;
              sessionService.set('tiempos_corredor'+lista[0].pid,lista[ultimo-1].time);
            }
            console.log("Pasa "+pasa+" corredor "+lista[ultimo-1].pid
            console.log(sessionServiceToken.get('token_device')););
            Enviar notificacion
              console.log("http://dev.lixsys.cl/~nhernandez/pushnotificacion.php?corredor="+lista[ultimo-1].name+"&label="+lista[ultimo-1].label+"&token_device="+sessionServiceToken.get('token_device'));                if(pasa){
              //Send notification
              $http({method: 'GET', url: 'pushnotificacion.php?corredor='+lista[ultimo-1].name+'&label='+lista[ultimo-1].label+'&token_device='+sessionServiceToken.get('token_device')})
                .success(function(data){

})
                .error(function(){

});
            }
          }else{
            sessionService.set('tiempos_corredor'+lista[0].pid,lista[ultimo-1].time);
            $http({method: 'GET', url: 'pushnotificacion.php?corredor='+lista[ultimo-1].name+'&label='+lista[ultimo-1].label+'&token_device='+sessionServiceToken.get('token_device')})
                .success(function(data){

})
                .error(function(){

});
          }
      })
      .error(function(){

});
     }
   }
 }

Setup logging function that loggs every interesting step in your code with in a scope var.
Key them by timestamp.
And print this out on your phones screen.

@BioPhoton I got this information in another post and it worked wonders :slight_smile: I leave around here in case someone needs it.

thank you very much for your help !!!

Cool! Im happy for you! :smile:

and it was killing me xD, the mistake I make is that no database management, it is a problem to do what I wanted, which was to send notifications but this was solved :slight_smile:

Have you encountered any issues with battery life using this plugin? It sounds interesting and could help me solve a big issue… Thanks :wink:

tests and you’ll do tomorrow comment :wink:

Sounds cool, thanks :smile: