Could not resolve from state

Hi guys.

I’m trying to pass parameters between states in my app and I am receiving the following error:

Error: Could not resolve ‘previewMoment/:file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.ionicframework.starter/cache/modified.jpg?1400606556769/:undefined/:test’ from state ‘tabs.capture’

Here is a snippet of the code below, can anyone see anything immediately obvious?

.state('previewMoment', {
  url: "/previewMoment/:momentImage/:momentAudio/:momentTitle",
  templateUrl: "templates/previewMoment.html",
  controller: 'previewMomentCtlr' })

$scope.btnPreviewMoment = function(){
$state.go('previewMoment/:' + $scope.captureDetails.imageURI + '/:' + $scope.captureDetails.audioURI + '/:' + $scope.captureDetails.momentTitle);}

.controller('previewMomentCtlr', function ($scope, $stateParams) {
$scope.preview = {};
$scope.preview.title = $stateParams.momentTitle;
$scope.preview.imageURI = $stateParams.momentImage;
$scope.preview.audioURI = $stateParams.momentAudio;})

Basically on tabs.capture I have a button, when I press the button I want to move to state previewMoment and I want to pass 3 parameters from the tabs.capture scope to the previewMoment state.

From the reading I’ve done my code seems correct, but clearly I am missing something.

I’d greatly appreciate any advice :smile:
Thanks a million!

(just edited to add pre-formatted code blocks)

Hello! I can see some problems with your code:

1. The resolved url is:

previewMoment/:file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.ionicframework.starter/cache/modified.jpg?1400606556769/:undefined/:test

momentImage has slashes in it! Be careful with this.You’re effectively introducing more capture groups in the url for the same parameter.

$state.go takes as a parameter the absolute state name or relative state path, not an url (in your case the state name would be previewMoment). See: http://angular-ui.github.io/ui-router/site/#/api/ui.router.state.$state

What you need to use is: $location.url('previewMoment/param1/param2/param3'). You don’t have to put : in front of every url param.

1. If you need to pass a file path (with slashes) in momentImage, you’ll need to use query params. See https://github.com/angular-ui/ui-router/wiki/URL-Routing#query-parameters

Hope it helps!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for those insights, really appreciate the time you took to lay it out in an easy to understand way!

I’ll have a look at implementing your suggestions!

1 Like

Thanks that saved my day :slight_smile: