Cordova - Camera is not Found

Hello Folks,
I have reviewed many forums on this, including [SOLVED] Camera is not defined when using $cordovaCamera

I was hoping that testing my mobile app in the browser could suffice for about 90% of my testing, but i’m not sure if the magic still works with cordova-plugin-camera. So, here is my issue along with what I am doing

Error

ionic.bundle.js:25642 ReferenceError: Camera is not defined
at gallery.js:17
at processQueue (ionic.bundle.js:27879)
at ionic.bundle.js:27895
at Scope.$eval (ionic.bundle.js:29158)
at Scope.$digest (ionic.bundle.js:28969)
at Scope.$apply (ionic.bundle.js:29263)
at done (ionic.bundle.js:23676)
at completeRequest (ionic.bundle.js:23848)
at XMLHttpRequest.requestLoaded (ionic.bundle.js:23789)

Controller Snippet triggering error

loadImages = function() {
$ionicPlatform.ready().then(function(){
console.log(Camera);
});
}

Im expecting Camera to be defined before I can access its attributes, however I can tell this isnt happening. Here is what I have done to ensure the plugin is install properly as per the forum:

1. uninstall plugin
  2. uninstall platform
  3. install plaform
  4. install plugin

I can see the plugin from:
$ cordova plugin ls
cordova-plugin-camera 2.3.0 “Camera”
cordova-plugin-compat 1.0.0 “Compat”

I get the feeling that camera wont work if im testing in a browser (chrome w/ ripple beta ext.). Can someone just validate that feeling? It is going to take a while for me to test this via native OS, so I was hoping (praying) that there was some magic that could still make this work in the browser.

It will not work in the browser sinceit is looking for a mobile device camera. You could include a workaround maybe a try/catch so it doesn’t kill your app when testing.

Thank you for this confirmation…Was hoping for fairies and unicorns.

Why so long to test when you can always upload the app to your ionic account and use Ionic View?

Beautiful plug. I have actually never done this, but will look into it today!