com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Failed to execute aapt [SOLVED]

Hi! I’m getting error when I trying to run on Android Device! I have no idea what it’s happening!

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 7.791 secs

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Failed to execute aapt

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
C:\tmp\myproj\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values\values.xml:373: AAPT: Attribute "theme" already defined with incompatible format.

C:\tmp\myproj\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values\values.xml:359: AAPT: Original attribute defined here.

C:\tmp\myproj\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15:21-54: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

C:\tmp\myproj\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values\values.xml:373: error: Attribute "theme" already defined with incompatible format.
C:\tmp\myproj\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values\values.xml:359: Original attribute defined here.
C:\tmp\myproj\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Failed to execute aapt

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

[ERROR] An error occurred while running cordova run android (exit code 1).

EDIT

SOLVED: Re-create the project and add the features again!

1 Like

So What I do for an already existing project ? please advise …

1 Like

I also had this issue today, then I realized I was using an invalid build number for android. It was like 201810110000 and it exceeds the maximum limit. Changing it to 20181011 fixed this problem for me.

Hope it helps.