Capacitor Google Login

Hi, I’ve switched to using @codetrix-studio/capacitor-google-auth for my Gooogle Login. As anyone who is using Google for identity in their app may have heard, 2023 March 31 Google Sign-In is being deprecated in favor of a Google Identity Services. This has been raised a few times on the repository, but there hasn’t been any definitive guidance on what to do or how to do it as far as I know.

This is a pretty significant requirement in many Ionic applications, and I thought I’d check here to see if anyone from the team has looked into this at all, and might weigh in on how serious of a problem this may or may not be. As far as I can tell, the @codetrix-studio/capacitor-google-auth is the Capacitor plugin for letting users sign into your app using their Google identity. Thanks for any light you can shed / comfort you can give :).

Like many people, my Ionic app targets Android, IOS, and a web-browser as platforms, and login with Google needs to work reliably on all three.

I didn’t know about it,
thank you for sharing the buzz.

I’m sure they will work on something, a lot of people are using that service and I hope they will take care of this big change, otherwise it can be a big problem to deal with