Can't run project on iOS

Hey guys,

I got the problem, that when I want to run my project for iOS, the console gives me these errors:

ionic run ios
ionic-hello-world@ ionic:build /Users/FelixSchlegel/Documents/Ionic Apps/absenseApp
ionic-app-scripts build
keywords if/then/else require v5 option
[12:22:35] ionic-app-scripts 0.0.47
[12:22:35] build dev started …
[12:22:35] clean started …
[12:22:35] clean finished in 6 ms
[12:22:35] copy started …
[12:22:35] transpile started …
[12:22:37] transpile finished in 2.23 s
[12:22:37] webpack started …
[12:22:37] copy finished in 2.39 s
[12:22:45] webpack finished in 7.84 s
[12:22:45] sass started …
[12:22:46] sass finished in 1.25 s
[12:22:46] build dev finished in 11.34 s
[12:22:47] tslint: src/pages/network-error/network-error.ts, line: 3
Using this version of Cordova with older version of cordova-ios is being deprecated. Consider upgrading to cordova-ios@4.0.0 or newer.
Error: The provided path “/Users/FelixSchlegel/Documents/Ionic Apps/absenseApp/platforms/ios” is not a Cordova iOS project.

Can you please help me?

Thank you very much!

Please post your ionic info output.
http://ionicframework.com/docs/cli/info.html

Here it is, thank you for your help
>Cordova CLI: 6.5.0
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-rc.4
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.18
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.9
Ionic App Scripts Version: 0.0.47
ios-deploy version: 1.9.1
ios-sim version: 5.0.13
Node Version: v6.2.1
Xcode version: Xcode 8.2.1 Build version 8C1002

Are you sure you don’t want to update to final Ionic 2.0? I would strongly suggest so. Transfer your code to a new project created using the final version, I assume the problem will be gone then.

Otherwise this should be of help: Creating your first Cordova app - Apache Cordova

For an iOS to run on a device, you should have: Xcode, a developer account (which costs 100$ annually).

If you have all those things, first you have to enter in your terminal ionic build ios, then open your Xcode project which is in yourProject/platforms/ios/ folder and then run it inside Xcode.

There no such thing as ionic run ios.

Documentation disagrees: ionic cordova run: native-run Android and iOS Apps in Browsers or Deploying Apps: Testing iOS and Android Device Applications (last sentence) for v2

Anyways, you forgot the --device parameter. Didn’t know that you could do it. Besides that, you have to have everything I mentioned before.

I forgot? I’m just trying to help @febo20184 here :stuck_out_tongue:

Without --device I assume the app will be executed on an emulator? (Can’t test as I’m on Win right now)

Anyways, @febo20184’s problem is what it says in the error message he posted: [quote=“febo20184, post:1, topic:80155”]
Using this version of Cordova with older version of cordova-ios is being deprecated. Consider upgrading to cordova-ios@4.0.0 or newer.
[/quote]
so he will get the same error using ionic build ios right now. He has to fix his Cordova(-ios) installation.

Lol, I thought you were the one who asked the question.

By the way I have some projects in R.C.0 and they work fine. What I think is happening is that that command ionic run ios --device works with the stable version, and not the R.C.*.

Follow the steps I’m giving you and tell us if that worked!