Can't make Ionic sample project work

Hello,

I am basically java developer and know basic of HTML, CSS & JavaScript. I am very keen to develop mobile app and so planning to get my hands on Ionic.

I started with creator and created sample app with tab template. Then I followed Zip Extract doc to extract in my blank ionic project. Then followed setup doc to add ionic-cloud-min.js. The issue is I can see just one tab and menu is opening. I can’t see other tabs in browser.

Then I tried created a new app with ionic start myApp tabs and then on running it with ionic serve, I still see single page only with some link in menu. Is there anything else I need to do in order to get tabs ?

Post your ionic info output please.
Maybe also share a screenshot of what you are seeing on the newly created tabs project.

ionic info

global packages:

@ionic/cli-utils : 1.5.0
Ionic CLI        : 3.5.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts              : 2.0.0
@ionic/cli-plugin-ionic-angular : 1.3.1
Ionic Framework                 : ionic-angular 3.5.0

System:

Node       : v6.11.0
OS         : Windows 10
Xcode      : not installed
ios-deploy : not installed
ios-sim    : not installed
npm        : 3.10.10

What I did is

created sample tab project in creator with ionic 3.2.0 Alpha.
downloaded zip
created blank ionic project
copy content of downloaded zip/src inside newly created blank project src folder.
run ionic serve

Earlier I used to get just single page without tab but now I am getting below error

Runtime Error
webpackJsonp is not defined
Stack
ReferenceError: webpackJsonp is not defined
at http://localhost:8100/build/main.js:1:1

Am I missing something?

I realized that earlier I was doing some mistake because once ionic project is created in creator, I didn’t find any label to know if this is ionic 1 project ot 3. Where can I know if this is ionic1 or 3 project after creation.? Because of that I think I was downloading ionic 1 project and copying in ionic 3. But now everything is ionic 3 which I want to setup. But yet issue as descried above.

These should be 2.0.2 and 3.5.3 on newly created projects.[quote=“alp_shah, post:3, topic:98672”]
I realized that earlier I was doing some mistake because once ionic project is created in creator, I didn’t find any label to know if this is ionic 1 project ot 3. Where can I know if this is ionic1 or 3 project after creation.? Because of that I think I was downloading ionic 1 project and copying in ionic 3. But now everything is ionic 3 which I want to setup. But yet issue as descried above.
[/quote]

I don’t really understand this. Ionic 2+ projects have ionic-angular in package.json.