Can't create a project

Hello i need to create some project today and i have encounter this problem someone can explain me what i make bad

C:\Users\Jos\Documents\IONIC\Test3>ionic start MyIonicProject1 blank --type ionic3
× Looking up starter - failed!
[ERROR] Unable to find starter template for blank

If this is not a typo, please make sure it is a valid starter template within the starters repo:
        https://github.com/ionic-team/starters

C:\Users\Jos\Documents\IONIC\Test3>

My friend, try execute this ionic start --list and past here, please.
And this: ionic info

:slight_smile:

Ok
For ionic start --list i have this:

C:\Users\Jos>ionic start --list
tabs ............... ionic-angular A starting project with a simple tabbed interface
blank .............. ionic-angular A blank starter project
sidemenu ........... ionic-angular A starting project with a side menu with navigation in the content area
super .............. ionic-angular A starting project complete with pre-built pages, providers and best practices for Ionic development.
conference ......... ionic-angular A project that demonstrates a realworld application
tutorial ........... ionic-angular A tutorial based project that goes along with the Ionic documentation
aws ................ ionic-angular AWS Mobile Hub Starter
tabs ............... ionic1 A starting project for Ionic using a simple tabbed interface
blank .............. ionic1 A blank starter project for Ionic
sidemenu ........... ionic1 A starting project for Ionic using a side menu with navigation in the content area
maps ............... ionic1 An Ionic starter project using Google Maps and a side menu

And for ionic info i have this:

C:\Users\Jos>ionic info
[WARN] You are not in an Ionic project directory. Project context may be missing.

cli packages: (C:\Users\Jos\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.19.2
    ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.20.0

System:

Node : v8.10.0
    npm  : 5.6.0
    OS   : Windows 10

Misc:

backend : pro

Ok.
Apparently everything is alright.
In this case try remove ionic and cordova and reopen console window in admin mode and install again.
To remove, use: npm uninstall cordova ionic.
Sometimes Ionic gets lost, already happened to me.

Ahh, when you create your project, firstly try not using --type ionic3

No. Please, no.

Use nvm-windows instead. There is never any need to run npm or ionic with elevated privileges, on any OS, and doing so can cause massive headaches that are extremely difficult to undo.

Thanks! You are right. Worked for me in some cases. But you are right… :stuck_out_tongue: