Can someone please clarify between @ionic/storage and @ionic-native/native-storage

Hi all,
In my case I am working on a chat App which I want to save the chat history, Friends information, avatar which is in base64 locally. Currently I am using @ionic/storage but I feel I am probably not doing it right though its working fine for now.

On reading the documentation of @ionic/storage I saw using it with cordova-sqlite-storage plugin, Do I really need to install this plugin.

Kindly enlighten me please.

Your question and topic title don’t match.

For your title:

Can someone please clarify between @ionic/storage and @ionic-native/native-storage

@ionic/storage works without native code for Cordova platforms like Android and iOS, it also works for all other non-Cordova-platforms like browser and PWA.
@ionic-native/native-storage is a wrapper around a native Cordova plugin that only supports the native platforms it supports.

As it says in the documentation you don’t need to, as @ionic/storage support lots of other storage drivers than sqlite. But you can install it if you want the native platforms to use sqlite, which is normally considered quite “stable”.

2 Likes

Thank you for your swift response