Can anyone get @TeamHive/capacitor-email to work?

This is a capacitor email plugin. I can’t get the demo to work at all in Android Studio 3.4.1 and @ionic/angular 4.0.0-beta.7 and @capacitor/core 1.1.0. I get 5 build errors like

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':app@debug/compileClasspath': Could not resolve project :capacitor-android-plugins.

If I try to use the sample code in a starter Ionic app, I get a runtime error:
E/Capacitor/Plugin/Console: ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: Cannot read property 'requestPermission' of undefined

Has anyone got this capacitor plugin to work at all?

Bump… anyone?

The part about “Could not resolve project :capacitor-android-plugins” looks like you are in a very old project that got updated recently as :capacitor-android-plugins was renamed long ago to :capacitor-cordova-android-plugins. I don’t have a good solution for this, other than removing the android folder and adding it again so it has latest structure. If you made manual changes and can’t remove android folder you can create a new project and compare the gradle files to see the required changes you need to have it up to date. From 1.0 we are documenting any required changes in case something like this happens in the future.

The part about ‘requestPermission’ of undefined is because you have to register the plugin in Android to use, see related issue where I commented

Thanks - with the Java change, it is now working.