Callback of InAppBrowser execute script

In the Cordova documentation here https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser#inappbrowserexecutescript I see that you can pass execute script a callback function that gets called after the passed script has executed.

I see no mention of this made in the Ionic documentation: http://ionicframework.com/docs/v2/native/inappbrowser/

Is there anyway to attach a callback that receives the return value of the executed script (as mentioned in the cordova link above)?

1 Like

Looks like I answered my own question. You can do something along the lines of:

let browser = new InAppBrowser('example-url.com');
browser.executeScript({code:'document.cookie;'}).then((cookie)=>console.log(cookie));

Would be nice if this was mentioned in the documentation instead of making no mention of return type (Promise) for executeScript.

3 Likes

Thank you golear. it helped.

Point to note to Ionic2. please add an example usage in documentation.

let browser = new InAppBrowser(‘example-url.com’);
browser.executeScript({code:‘document.cookie;’}).then((cookie)=>console.log(cookie));

I tried but it does’nt work. It opens the browser, but i can’t see any console log

Hi my friend, have you solved your problem?

I have the same problem to solve.

thanks!!!

const browser = this.inappbrowser.create('example.com','_blank',{location:'no',clearcache:'yes',toolbar:'no'});
              browser.on('loadstop').subscribe(function(event) {
                browser.executeScript({code:'document.cookie;'}).then((cookie)=>{
                       console.log(cookie);
                });
              });

It works

2 Likes

Thank you golear, your answer saved my lots of time.:grinning:

Hi, it works . Is it possible get the page source code? I tried using: document, document.documentElement.innerHTML but unsuccessfully.

with code = “var resultado = document.documentElement.innerHTML;alert(resultado);” it shows, however I need it on callbackfunction.

Hi am the same question, @viniciusfcf, did you solved?