Build error with cordova-plugin-background-fetch

I’m lost with this build issue I’m seeing and even as a paying customer have yet to hear back from the Ionic team about the issue. Anyone in the community seen this before or have any advice? I’d like to avoid removing the plugin in question.

Thanks in advance

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:capacitor-cordova-android-plugins:bundleDebugAar’.

Direct local .aar file dependencies are not supported when building an AAR. The resulting AAR would be broken because the classes and Android resources from any local .aar file dependencies would not be packaged in the resulting AAR. Previous versions of the Android Gradle Plugin produce broken AARs in this case too (despite not throwing this error). The following direct local .aar file dependencies of the :capacitor-cordova-android-plugins project caused this error: /builds/adamrz/healthkitty/node_modules/cordova-plugin-background-fetch/src/android/libs/tsbackgroundfetch/tsbackgroundfetch-0.4.5.aar

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1m 43s

Looks like the plugin maintainers released a fix for this back in June.

Are you running the latest release of cordova-plugin-background-fetch?

1 Like