Audio chat with ionic

Hello,
I need to use an audio chat to connecte 2 users, so they can speak to each other.
I’ve seen several plugins, which are too old.
I’ve seen it works with simpleWebRTC.js and cordova-plugin-iosrtc. Is there any example of this ?
Has anybody heard about CometChat, which is a paid solution ?

Regards,

For Comet chat : it does’nt work at the moment. I’m waiting for the support to anwser

Cordova-plugin-iosrtc : I can not build ios app. I have this error : CompileSwift normal i386

Does anybody know how to fix it ?

I’ve just bought the cometchat Mobile SDK. i’m in contact with cometchat support.
I will update here when i can have a ionic version that is working with cometchat.

They sent me a new plugin, and I managed to install it.
I can use the ios cordova plugin.
But I still have errors : PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Integration::hooks_processMessage() in /var/www/vhosts/digitalsense.fr/givacall.digitalsense.fr/givacall/webroot/cometchat/cometchat_receive.php on line 508
I’ve commented this line, and I test the readyUI.

1 Like

Hi all,
We are in contact with @Loma and we will try to manage it together while we are asking answers from cometchat forum (which is not really relevant yet).
We will post update here.

The aim is to be able to run a ionic app that will launch a cometchat with “ReadyUI” js, login on the demo server and initiate chat. Both in android and ios.
Not so easy but we will try to achieve it.

Hello

I’ve put a sample on github

It works for ios, but you need to purchase the cometchat plugin to make it work.
At the moment, I debug my mobile application to make it work on ios 9.9, 10 etc.

Hello

I’ve put a sample on github

github.com

Digitalsense13/ionic-cometchat

ionic-cometchat - Ionic cometchat sample

It works for ios, but you need to purchase the cometchat plugin to make it work.
At the moment, I debug my mobile application to make it work on ios 9.9, 10 etc.

I’ve update the github repository with @Loma to add Android version but currently it is not working. A ticket is opened on the cometchat support.
We will update information here later.

Hello,

Can you tell us what is the status now?

hello @ehabahmed,

The github repository created for demo purpose is working both on ios and android.
But currently i won’t use cometchat angular in a production environment.
Technical support was really not profesional and we had to fix stuff ourselves. I hope they will update their code somedays and let us play with a single cordova plugin both for android and ios and not 2 differents plugins to install ! (what a shame ! )

Thanks , Are there any alternative for one to one chat?
Any third party chat?

Also did you have sample code for ionic 2?

Hello Ehabahmed,

I’ve searched other solutions, and could’nt find any.
Comet chat seemed to be very good, on their website.
But It took time to manage to make it work.
I’ll use it for a prototype application, but not for a public application.

Let us know if you find a good plugin for ionic :wink: