AppStoreConnect - Build has issue with capabilities and permissions that I don't have in my app (Push Notification and Location)

Hi,

I submitted my app build 1.0 to AppStoreConnect via xcode. I received email from Apple for issues regarding Push Notification and Geolocation which both I don’t have in my app.

The email I received:

Blockquote
ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see Local and Remote Notification Programming Guide: Configuring Remote Notification Support.

Blockquote
ITMS-90683: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist - Your app’s code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app’s Info.plist file should contain a NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data are required to include a purpose string. If you’re using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn’t contain the APIs. Learn more (Protecting the User’s Privacy | Apple Developer Documentation).

Blockquote
After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

So I’m really confused, because I don’t have Push Notification and if I try to solve the second issue (geolocation) and add purpose string, I don’t know what to add since I don’t have geolocation required in my app, I’m afraid I put text that apple would consider as fraud.

Please help me solve this issue

Thank you!

1 Like

https://capacitor.ionicframework.com/docs/apis/push-notifications/

Review this.
Bye