App-plist overwritten by ionic build

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me understand how my app-plist keeps getting overwritten by ionic build ios.

So a few weeks ago I temporarily needed to add NSAllowArbitraryLoads to my plist so I added it (it was not present before). But now I am updating the requirement to just allow specified domains. So I added the specific domains, and removed NSAllowsArbitraryLoads from my plist (both by hand and in xcode itself) but now whenever I rebuild the project the property gets added back. I have even tried leaving the property but setting it to false, but on subsequent builds the property is automatically set back to true.

I really want to delete this property because I know it has a high risk of causing my app to be rejected. Does anyone know by what means ionic build forces this property to be added as true to my plist file, even after removing it?

So I am using ionic-bower#1.2.4 which does not force this in the plist file (Created a new project to verify). I have completely removed the ios directory and re-added ios as a platform to reset everything entirely and this property is still added to my plist file?

Can plugins cause overwrites to the plist file.

If anyone could help that would be a huge help? I have wasted a lot of time on this issue.

Yes, there are plugins like GitHub - mhartington/cordova-config-utils (and others) that can be used to write stuff into .plist files.

Hmmm. Interesting. Ok awesome I will have to look into my plugins and see which one is the culprit. Thank you so much for your answer. @Sujan12 are you aware if the AppleStore is readily accepting applications with plugins that require this plist entry? Or do you think that it would be better to remove plugins that require this security vulnerability? As it is I am manually editting my plist file before submitting apps, I am not sure whether this is unnecessary as I am unaware if this is a common requirement among plugins. If it is common then perhaps I should care less.

Thanks so much for your help