This sounds like it may related to the ‘freezing’ issues with Cordova iOS 4.0.1, but it does not appear to be (that was related to start-up freezing).
This is what I know:
- The issue appears randomly - there is no definitive steps to successfully reproduce every time - and I cannot seem to figure it out.
- It happens 3 pages into a view (parent, child, then child).
- It happens after the nav transition (scrolling is blocked, there is no input/touch recognised at all)
- It happens more often on phones with less available memory
- It appears to happen on iPhone 5C only, 6/6S cannot reproduce it
- There is no web console errors
- There is no Xcode console errors
- I can ‘unfreeze’ it by manually updating the DOM (e.g. change an element’s classes, via Safari inspector) and cause a reflow
- Ionic v 1.3.0 (upgraded from 1.2.4, had no effect on issue)
- Cordova iOS v 4.1.1 (upgraded from 3.9.2, had no effect on issue)
- Angular 1.4.3
I still cannot find the single point of failure. There is quite a few Cordova plugins used on the project also. Could it possibly be a memory leak or DOM intrusion from here?
I am posting this in the hope there may be some sort of help available (I’m not sure what code I can share because it’s for a client’s in-house app). I will share any information regarding setup and third-party software required.
Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered…!