App doesn't build but I don't get an error

Hey, I tried a lot and I searched for a solution for about 3 days now… And I am really desperate…
I changed a few things in my app, (just little changes) and I tested it with ionic serve - It worked great there and I didn’t get errors. But in order to test native features I have to build an apk-file and test this file on my android device. This apk-file is the problem. I deleted the existing file on my pc, uninstalled the old apk file on my mobile phone and created a new apk file (cordova build android). I didn’t get errors again and I installed the file on the mobile device. And now the problem: If i run the new installed application I get exactly the same old version running… No changes, completely the same - but no errors…
I don’t know what to do and would appreciate every kind of help or even a thought what the problem could be…

You have to run ionic cordova build android so that it actually builds the Ionic app and copies it over to the Cordova directory, before cordova build android is executed to build the .apk.

1 Like

Kill me please!:zipper_mouth_face:
Why didn’t I ask someone here directly and wasted 3 days finding out something that isn’t that difficult…
Thank you so much for your answer!

1 Like

Lesson learned, I would say :sunny:

1 Like

Yes, that definitely!