App becomes slow after use

Hi there!
We are developing some apps in the company and we have some troubles with the performance of the app. When you start working everything goes nice, but becomes dense and heavy after minutes of use.

I guess Ionic is not very good at destroying connections or give memory free after any action.

Any help? any trick?
Thanks

That very much depends.

What does that mean exactly?

Have you profiled the app yet using your browser’s dev tools?
Where exactly do you have the performance degradation - only reald devices or also in browser testing?

What software are we tlaking about here - post your ionic info please.

This is just a feeling.
When I start using the App from the begining, service is running correctly. But the most you use, the more heavy becomes. First 2 or 4 actions seems to be ok, but after minutes using the App, it becomes slowler and takes more time to do the actions, etc.

The degradation happens in the device, I can’t emulate on the browser because of the sqlite database

IONIC INFO

global packages:

@ionic/cli-plugin-proxy : 1.3.2
@ionic/cli-utils : 1.5.0
Cordova CLI : 7.0.1
Ionic CLI : 3.5.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 1.3.7
@ionic/cli-plugin-cordova : 1.4.1
@ionic/cli-plugin-ionic-angular : 1.3.2
Cordova Platforms : android 6.2.3
Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.4.2

System:

Node : v6.11.0
Xcode : not installed
ios-deploy : not installed
ios-sim : not installed
npm : 3.10.10

Thanks for any help!!

Might want to update, your app-scripts especially is old. There’s a breaking change in version 2 (easy to fix), so be sure to read the changelog if you update that.

This isn’t a common issue. I think there’s some anti-Ionic or anti-Angular thing you are doing in your code, due to inexperience.

2 Likes

HI Aaron,

Thanks for your help. We will review part of the code and upgrade app-scripts. Will to thank you again when solved!!

Did you remote debug the problem on the device already?
Follow these instructions here to debug the problem in Safari dev tools: https://ionic.zone/debug/remote-debug-your-app#ios
Follow these instructions here to debug the problem in Chrome dev tools: https://ionic.zone/debug/remote-debug-your-app#android
Look at the console and network tabs for errors.

HI Sujan12,

We use to debug with this tools, thanks for your help! The problem is that device performance seems to be good but the app start working slow after minutes.
The tab