APKSigner Warning

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy my app and have been running all the steps as indicated in the deployment guide.

When I run the apksigner to verify the signature I get a warning.

apksigner verify HelloWorld.apk

WARNING: META-INF/services/com.google.protobuf.GeneratedExtensionRegistryLoader not protected by signature. Unauthorized modifications to this JAR entry will not be detected. Delete or move the entry outside of META-INF/.

I would like to understand this issue and what impact it has on the App.

I did some rudimentary search but there was very little on this subject out there hence posted this.

My App Specs are.

cli packages:

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.9.2
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.9.2

global packages:

Cordova CLI : 6.5.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 1.3.12
Cordova Platforms  : android 6.2.3
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.5.0

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.0.2
Node              : v6.11.1
npm               : 5.3.0
OS                : Windows 10 

Cheers,

SD

i have the same problem, have you found some infos about it?

Any update on this? @fdambrosio

Hey guys, @fdambrosio @zeroEight

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have a update. I just compiled a new app and this warning has disappeared.

I had reinstalled my android studio and all related dependencies. Also had updated all packages associated with cordova, angular and ionic. I may have updated my jdk as well. Not sure. Don’t remember.

My guess is that one of these updates had resolved this issue. I think its android studio reinstall.
But now when I run apksigner verify is just goes to next line in command without printing any output. I have no idea why its behaving this way. Had a workaround for that. Since I used jarsigner to sign, I used it to verify that my apk is signed.

I am not a pro with ssl keys and certificates so if some one can throw some light. It will be much appreciated.

My suggestion would be to keep all packages up to date.

That might solve the problem.

Regards,

SD

Can you please show your exact versions