I am happy to announce the latest in my series of essential plugins for Ionic/Capacitor:
capacitor-dark-mode. If you want to implement hassle-free dark mode across all platforms, there is no easier way.
- Uniform API for enabling and controlling dark mode across all platforms.
- Automatic dark mode detection.
- Support for user dark mode switching.
- Support for custom dark mode preference storage.
- Updates the status bar to match the dark mode, even on Android.
- Register listeners for system dark mode changes.
- Extensive documentation.
The plugin is available here: GitHub - aparajita/capacitor-dark-mode: Universal dark mode support for Ionic web and native apps
Demo app is here: GitHub - aparajita/capacitor-dark-mode-demo: An Ionic/Vue demo of the @aparajita/capacitor-dark-mode plugin