AngularFire2 issues on mobile device

OK, this may not be the right place to post this, but I am exhausted on ideas. it is likely a whitelist issue, but damned if I can find it. I have

<allow-intent href="https://*.firebaseio.com/*" />

everything woks fine in an emulator, localhost, just not on the physical device. I connected to the app running remote device with chrome-tools and did see that I am not connecting to the firebaseio.com server. I see
Failed to load resource appname.firebaseio.com/.lp?start=t&ser=94215074&cb=12&v=5 Failed to load resource appname.firebaseio.com/.lp?start=t&ser=94215074&cb=12&v=5
I have updated everything. Ionic-cli 2.2.3, angular 4.0.0, angularfire2 4.0.0-rc0 still same errors.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1. Which device, which operating system?

2. Which version of Firebase? Not just AngularFire. Installing recent versions of AF automatically installs Firebase.

3. I don’t understand your AngularFire2 numbering. I am using 2.0.0 beta 8, and I updated recently. What do you mean by 4.0.0-rc0?

Nexus 6P running Android N0ugat

With firebase 3.7.4 and AF 2.0.0-beta.8, then upgraded to firebase 3.8.0 and AF 4.0.0-rc0, 4.0.0 is the next release of AF following 2.0.0-beta.8

Are you trying to sign in a user? Because you need Cordova plugins for this now that they’ve added support for OAuth. You could test by reverting. If that allows you to sign in again, you need to install the plugins here: Authenticate Using OAuth Providers with Cordova  |  Firebase

Not officially. I just looked and it isn’t in the changelog, the npmjs package page, or the releases page. So I wonder about its stability. Also, the big plan seems to be making it more modular, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you need to import more and differently. You might want to revert to 2 beta 8 to see if that solves your problem.

no auth, its just a simple database list. That’s what I don’t get.

The problem was with 2.0.0-beta.8 as well, that’s why I upgraded

Atm there is a problem with firebase 3.8.0, it couses a long connection during app startup on devices, as described in this issue. Had the same problem a day ago and after downgrading to 3.7.8. the connection problem was lost.

Ok great, I will give that a try. I don’t have any authentication, are there plugins that still need to be installed?

no go. I have tried every firebase version from 3.6.6 => 3.8.0. Added in-app-browser plugin and various others noted in https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/cordova
I don’t have any authorization, just trying to read a list.

Hmm the only thing that comes to mind is have you setup the angularFire2 config file in the app.module correctly?

Yes, everything is correct. I am thinking the platform, I will remove platforms and start all over

Thanks for sharing!

Started to get some reports from users on my newly updated app with firebase 3.8.0 :imp:

1 Like

Use firebase 3.7.8
Delete node_modules, run npm install
Run: ionic state reset (reinstalls platform and plugins)

Build and test :slight_smile:

Thanks @Walgermo , that was the fix. I have not ever seen how the platforms would cause such an issue. Again thanks.

Firebase 3.9 is out now, claims to fix the problem. I’ve used it a little, haven’t seen the slowdown.

1 Like