Still looking into keyboard and input field issues on android. Driving us absolutely nuts for months now. Keep hoping it’s a bug and going to be fixed but never happens.
At present the problem is as follows:
- Create new tabs app
- Add input field to the view
- Add “$ionicConfigProvider.tabs.position(‘bottom’);” to the app js appropriately
- Run on android and Tabs show at the bottom (great)
- Tap in the input box and the keyboard opens but the tabs are stuck above it
- DO NOT want the tabs stuck above the keyboard
- People say to make the app FULL SCREEN but then you lose the status bar and the bottom action bar. Not an option
- Other people say to hide tabs with directive / css but it’s slow and jumps about. Also not reliable as sometimes the tabs never even come back again when you close the keyboard
Also tried editing the manifest file but that has varying other issues with either fields not scrolling correctly, things getting stuck behind the keyboard etc.
At a loss now on how to just stop the tabs going up when the keyboard is open. It works if the app is full screen so no clue why it doesn’t work when NOT full screen.