Android build runs slower than Mobile Browser

I’ve been working on a simple app for a few weeks now, and one of the pages is quite slow when running on an Android device. I know I’m making changes to layout when a user clicks certain elements (see images), but I’ve noticed that same page runs considerably faster when opened with the device’s web browser.
My question is: should I expect at least the same speed performance I get from the device browser from my app when installing the APK?

Image 1: standard collection of items hidden by default.
canvas_selection-position1

Image 2: collection of items is visible depending on the category clicked.
canvas_selection-position2

Some things to consider:

• Yes, I’m making changes to the layout, and I know it’s quite a resource-intensive task.
  • The application performance is the same when running with the --prod flag and without it.
  • The application performance changes depending on the device, even if the same Android version is running on different devices (Resources, yeah).
  • When running in a computer via ionic serve, there’s little to no performance problems.
  • When accessing the same page from the device browser via the local network the animations run faster than when accessing the same page on the installed application.
  • The application has been tested using cordova-android 8.0.0.
  • There’s no loading problems with the application, it boots up quite fast, even from a cold boot.
  • The ‘intro’ animation for that same page is absent or really slow when running the application.
  • Other pages animate as expected.
  • Moved the Storage data requests from ngOnInit to ionViewWillEnter and lastly to ionViewDidEnter with no apparent difference in performance.

Ionic Info:

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI) : 4.12.0 (C:\Users\userdata\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ionic)
Ionic Framework : @ionic/angular 4.3.1
@angular-devkit/build-angular : 0.13.8
@angular-devkit/schematics : 7.3.8
@angular/cli : 7.3.9
@ionic/angular-toolkit : 1.5.1

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1)
Cordova Platforms : android 8.0.0
Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.3, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 4.1.1, (and 8 other plugins)

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (C:\Users\imdevdaniel\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk)
NodeJS : v10.15.2 (C:\DevHome\NodeJS\node.exe)
npm : 6.4.1

Installed Plugins:

• com-badrit-base64 0.2.0 “Base64”
  • cordova-plugin-camera 4.0.3 “Camera”
  • cordova-plugin-device 2.0.3 “Device”
  • cordova-plugin-file 6.0.1 “File”
  • cordova-plugin-file-transfer 1.7.1 “File Transfer”
  • cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.3 “cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard”
  • cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 4.1.1 “cordova-plugin-ionic-webview”
  • cordova-plugin-splashscreen 5.0.3 “Splashscreen”
  • cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.4.3 “StatusBar”
  • cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.3.3 “Whitelist”
  • cordova-sqlite-storage 3.2.1 “Cordova sqlite storage plugin - cordova-sqlite-storage plugin version”

Did you try to compress your images?

Images are not compressed. Their dimensions are 120px by 120px for category icons and 240px by 240px for items. Sizes are slightly below 40KB at worst, below 10KB at best.