Using Ionic with Eclipse

I’m using ionic with Eclipse Kepler based on the information from This instruction post

Believe it or not I was able to do this successfully however after importing the project into eclipse I am unable to build the android app using eclipse android plugin.

I keep getting an unknown error that simply states

your project contains errors please fix them ionic android eclipse

But errors log states the following

Description Resource Path Location Type
The import org.apache.cordova.CordovaPlugin cannot be resolved Device.java /AATTApp/src/org/apache/cordova/device line 25 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.CordovaInterface cannot be resolved Device.java /AATTApp/src/org/apache/cordova/device line 26 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.CordovaWebView cannot be resolved Device.java /AATTApp/src/org/apache/cordova/device line 23 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.CallbackContext cannot be resolved Device.java /AATTApp/src/org/apache/cordova/device line 24 Java Problem
The method onCreate(Bundle) of type AATTApp must override or implement a supertype method AATTApp.java /AATTApp/src/com/ionicframework/aattapp268257 line 28 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.CallbackContext cannot be resolved IonicKeyboard.java /AATTApp/src/com/ionic/keyboard line 3 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.CordovaInterface cannot be resolved IonicKeyboard.java /AATTApp/src/com/ionic/keyboard line 4 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.CordovaPlugin cannot be resolved IonicKeyboard.java /AATTApp/src/com/ionic/keyboard line 5 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.CordovaWebView cannot be resolved IonicKeyboard.java /AATTApp/src/com/ionic/keyboard line 6 Java Problem
The import org.apache.cordova.PluginResult cannot be resolved IonicKeyboard.java /AATTApp/src/com/ionic/keyboard line 7 Java Problem

running ionic run android in the terminal seems to work though. Anyone got any ideas on how this works?