Is footer not meant to have inputs?

I tried changed bar-header from docs/components to bar-footer via codepen with v0.9.27 but it still always shows up as a header. And only after I remove item-input-inset, does it go back down to the footer position, is this a bug or a lack in my understanding of the framework?

<div class="bar bar-footer item-input-inset">
  <label class="item-input-wrapper">
    <i class="icon ion-ios7-search placeholder-icon"></i>
    <input type="search" placeholder="Search">
  </label>
  <button class="button button-clear">
    Cancel
  </button>
</div>

item-input-inset uses relative positioning; so, it should happily put it wherever bar-footer ends up being. Strange though.

Can you share that CodePen sample?

I just tested on mine as well and got similar results. However, I think I have a fix for it:

<div class="bar bar-footer item-input-inset footer-item-input-insert" ng-if="mc.showSendMsgForm">
        <label class="item-input-wrapper">
            <input type="search" placeholder="Message" ng-model="msg.text" maxlength="500">
        </label>
        <button class="button button-clear" ng-hide="mc.hideSend" ng-click="sendMsg()">
            Send
        </button>
    </div>

The foot-item-input-insert class is defined as :

/** For the message bar **/
.footer-item-input-insert {
    position: inherit;
}

Try to see if adding that class solves it for you.

1 Like

My codepen sample: http://codepen.io/pulkitsinghal/pen/whjxe I’m not sure what I did wrong but applying foot-item-input-insert didn’t help me.

em…you can change the position by using CSS (set position to absolute). however, there may be a terrible problem . if u test ur app on real device, you may find that the keyboard blocks the footer

I also just noticed this in js/utils/keyboard.js. Android devices hide the footer when the keyboard appears.

Is there are a solution to this? Inputs in the footer are popular in apps for messaging etc, and if not, I will probably be sending a pull request when my app gets to this point

1 Like

@AshConnell Did you come up with a solution for this? Working on the same thing right now.

Yeah I just used my own footer and made it position fixed.

Drifty are working on an overhaul for keyboard related stuff so they might have a proper solution in the pipeline

Cool, thanks for the wisdom.